FleetUp, a provider of ELD/HOS compliance systems for intelligent fleet management, announced a partnership with Navistar International to create a comprehensive vehicle diagnostics and preventative maintenance solution using FleetUp’s FMCSA-compliant electronic logging device (ELD) and fleet management service technology.
Integrating with Navistar’s OnCommand Connection program, fleet managers have access to comprehensive information from all vehicles leveraging FleetUp’s telematics technology for real-time data analysis of vehicle performance. The information includes engine diagnostics, fuel consumption per trip, fuel-waste management, engine-coolant temperature monitoring and battery-level monitoring, according to FleetUp.
Vehicle-health reports are generated every 30 minutes through the OnCommand Connection platform, allowing fleet managers to access more than 130 measurable values used for troubleshooting and safety precautions, according to the company.
“From quickly identifying a faulty part and ordering a replacement all in one smooth process, to offering simplified descriptions of fault codes and suggested links to diagnostic repair videos, our OnCommand Connection program was created for straightforward and effective diagnostics,” said Andrew Dondlinger, vice president of connected services at Navistar. “We’re proud to announce our partnership with FleetUp to provide an easy-to-use, efficient safety and fleet management solution, in addition to helping our customers comply with the FMCSA ELD mandate.”
Compatible with all makes of commercial trucks, OnCommand Connection utilizes customers’ existing hardware to connect trucks of any model or engine brand to a single proprietary portal for simple setup and easily accessible data online, according to FleetUp.
Services and features of OnCommand Connection’s real-time diagnostics system include:
- Live access – View active fault codes and health reports for specific vehicles from any Internet-connected computing or smart device.
- Health report – Access and organize information in fleet health reports – including vehicle parts performance, fault codes and weather conditions – in one central location. The system stores data every 30 minutes, up to 500 reports, for up-to-date information.
- Action plan – Solve problems quickly and confidently with comprehensive fault-code descriptions, severity levels and suggested diagnostic questions for managers to ask the driver to better troubleshoot an issue.
- GPS mapping – Locate any nearby dealerships, trucks shops, customer sites and hotels.
- Alerts – Customize alert systems to each fleet’s unique needs with adjustable frequency and timing; filter alerts by severity and duration.
- Support – Take advantage of various informational documents and features, including online parts catalogs, VIN-specific search tools, service manuals and other support services.
“FleetUp strives to provide the utmost support in safety, profitability and productivity for fleet managers and drivers alike, and our partnership with OnCommand Connection provides an exciting way to achieve these goals,” said Ezra Kwak, chief technology officer at FleetUp. “By integrating our fleet management and compliance technology with OnCommand Connection, fleet managers can now practice proactive maintenance with real-time troubleshooting faster and easier than ever. We’re thrilled to continue advancing the fleet management and connected-vehicle diagnostics industry with our new synergy.”