Harman International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics focused on connected technologies for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, won the 2017 TU-Automotive Award in the category of Best Telematics Product or Service for its Harman Ignite platform.
The TU-Automotive Awards recognize leaders pushing the automotive industry forward through innovation, industry engagement and quality products and services.
The Harman Ignite is being leveraged by 23 global OEMs and 15 Tier 1 and aftermarket partners, delivering services to more than 17 million vehicles in 70 countries, according to the company.
Developed by Harman’s Connected Services division, the Harman Ignite Platform is an end-to-end solution that enables connectivity, device management, application enablement, analytics and managed services capabilities, according to the company. It allows automakers, dealers and service providers to introduce and easily deploy new cloud applications and services.
“Harman is offering a single cloud platform designed specifically for automotive services and technologies,” said Roger Lanctot, associate director, global automotive practice, Strategy Analytics. “Harman Ignite offers OEMs a scalable and flexible path to differentiation. This is a major advantage for OEMs as the automotive industry faces major change.” Examples of automotive solutions that are based on the Harman Ignite platform are:
- Vehicle Connect – Allows a vehicle to communicate through the cloud with other platforms such as smart homes, smart infrastructures and other vehicles, which helps simplify, streamline and enhance user experiences.
- Cloud-Based Driver Profile – Leverages the cloud to set preferences for content in any vehicle the consumer accesses. This solution leverages predictive learning in the vehicle to adjust preferences, provides access to third party services regardless of vehicle and accommodates cloud portability of preferences and identity.
- Car-as-a-Service – Delivers a cloud service enabling car sharing, ride sharing and fleet management models.
- Vehicle Health and Diagnostics – Offers insights into vehicle health to help build relationships with car owners and improves car performance while increasing dealer service revenue.
- Content Personalization – Delivers personal content intelligently during a driver’s commute.
- Vehicle Analytics – Provides insight into vehicle usage/quality issues for an individual or group of users.
“We are honored and excited to be recognized for our leadership in connected services and technologies with a TU-Automotive Award,” said Sanjay Dhawan, president of Harman Connected Services. “Harman team members continually strive to develop innovative solutions and services that meet and exceed the expectations of our automotive customers. These solutions enhance the driver user experience and leverage key technologies including analytics and OTA to create new capabilities and revenue streams.”