AT&T and Vodafone are partnering to promote solutions for connected cars and streamline processes for car manufacturers.
“This alliance with Vodafone Business is a natural extension of our existing relationship,” said Chris Penrose, AT&T’s president of internet of things (IoT) solutions.
“We each have rich experience in connected vehicle technology. By working together, we can innovate faster and help our global customers bring connectivity, entertainment and telematics to more vehicles across our respective footprints.”
The companies will prioritize projects to enhance safety, security and entertainment capabilities. Key areas of focus will be:
- 5G and autonomous vehicle technology
- V2X capabilities (vehicle-to-everything)
- In-vehicle entertainment
- Connected car applications and services
- Global service quality models
- Connected car/ smart cities intersection