DPL Telematics released the AssetView Mini Tracking System, a solution for wireless monitoring and remote tracking of any powered or unpowered asset to improve logistics, manage inventory and curb theft. The portable GPS unit is self-contained and may be hidden on any asset and is quickly installed, the company said.
The AssetView Mini allows owners to remotely monitor any asset accurately from an internet-based software package and mobile app. Features shared by the company include:
- No external wiring or antenna. Quick, unwired attachment to any asset in a true “hide and track” installation
- Compact and portable size. Measuring only 3.3 in. x 2.5 in. x 0.94 in., it may be rotated between company assets and hidden easily
- Internal battery power. Powered by 3 AAA 1.5V batteries, customer replaceable
- Long battery life. Self-powered for up to three years on daily updates, up to six months on more detailed tracking
- Wireless, two-way communication. Activate recovery mode or set movement alerts over the air from the software or mobile app
- IP 67 rated and UV stabilized design. Waterproof for deployment in harsh environments
- Month to month agreement. No long-term contract, deactivate and reactivate anytime without penalty
- Little to no sky view required. May be hidden inside or under most assets
- Dual GPS and GLONASS positioning. Faster, more accurate locations by utilizing twice as many satellites as traditional GPS devices
- Global cellular coverage. Track assets across borders
- The AssetView Mini’s Adaptive Tracking technology increases its reporting frequency when movement is detected and automatically reduces it when stationary. According to the company, this intelligence delivers long battery life while actively alerting on curfew violation, movement or geofence breach as well as allowing the user to switch to “Recovery Mode” over the air.